ThermoSphere Electric Underfloor Heating Membrane/Wire
The ThermoSphere Underfloor Heating Membrane is a waterproof, polypropylene membrane matting with square-shaped dimples that are designed to form channels that hold ThermoSphere Electric Underfloor Heating Cables at variable spacing depending on the required heat output – 2 dimples apart equates to a 195W/m² output, 3 dimples equates to a 130W/m² output.
The ThermoSphere Underfloor Heating Cable is designed and manufactured in the UK – one of its unique features is a Twisted Twin Conductor cable design that neutralises cable stress and results in a supple, durable, quality cable. This cable is designed for installation into the ThermoSphere Underfloor Heating Membrane, and can be laid out in a completely flexible, custom layout that best suits your walkable/exposed floor area, as it can be laid around fixed items such as toilets, cabinets, baths, etc.
Please note that laying the cable 2 or 3 dimples apart changes the area coverage of the cable length, which is why there are two area coverage figures for each cable.
|Cable Length (metres)||Area Coverage (3 dimples, 130W/m2)||Area Coverage (2 dimples, 195W/m2)||Total Cable Power Output (W)|
This matting has an anchoring fleece on the underside to provide a strong bond to the substrate below and is designed to be used with tile adhesive. This matting forms an uncoupling layer between the tiles and the substrate – this neutralises the stress caused by different rates of expansion and contraction in a tiled floor and minimises the risk of tile delamination and cracking.
- Available with self-adhesive backing – this cuts down on additional costs for adhesive to fix the matting and makes it quicker and easier to install.
- The studs and fleece backing in the membrane allow water vapour beneath it to escape effectively. This means you can save time by tiling over a substrate that is not fully cured.
- The stud structure also provides efficient load distribution for the tiled surface by transferring the load to the subfloor evenly – this reduces the risk of cracks so is recommended for high-traffic areas.
- IP68 is impervious to moisture and safe in bathrooms, showers and wetrooms.
- ThermoSphere heating solutions are covered by our lifetime warranty when you register your system online.
- If you buy the timber insolation boards you can Improve efficiency of underfloor heating by 50% and they're also 100% rot proof.
You have 3 options when it comes to Thermostat:
- Smart Home: Control from your smartphone, Economical, 7-day heating schedule and connect to your home wifi using the SmartHome hub. They are also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The Smart Home Hub is essential for the Smart Home Thermostat.
- Programable: Automatic open window sensor, energy-saving adaptive start and flexible scheduling (7 day, 6 events).
- Manual: Simple on/off switch, manually adjustable temperature and easy-to-use touch display.
5 solutions in one easy-to-install system, all wrapped up and protected with a lifetime guarantee. No competition!
Which Valves do I need?
Choosing your radiator valves can be a little confusing here is a guide for you to find the correct valves for your radiator:
- Pipe work is coming out of the floor and the radiator has side connections you will need a set of Angled valves.
- Pipe work is coming out of the floor and the radiator has underneath connections you will need a set of Straight valves.
- Pipe work is coming out of the wall and the radiator has side connections you will need a set of either Angled valves or Corner valves.
- Pipe work is coming out of the wall and the radiator has underneath connections you will need a set of either Angled valves or Corner valves.